Visit the Oakland Asian Cultural Center for your next class field trip or tour! OACC offers 30 minutes to 1 hour interactive tours & cultural art activities that are designed for your school or community group. Our curriculum covers a diverse range of Asian Pacific Islander American (APIA) cultural & historical subjects and meets the California State Content Standards.
Please contact us for more information and to book your visit today!
$2 suggested donation per participant
Jaye Clark 3rd grade teacher Cherryland Elementary
- Minimum of 10 students for Docent-Led Exhibit Tours or hands-on Art Activities.
- Minimum of 15 students for Artist-Led Workshops.
- Please provide at least 1 chaperone per 10 students
- Please book at least 2 weeks in advance for Docent-Led Exhibit Tours or hands-on Art Activities.
- Please book at least 3 weeks in advance for Artist-Led Workshops,
- Tours are not confirmed until you have received a confirmation email from an OACC staff member.
- There is a $2.00 per student suggested donation to support OACC's Tours program. Donations can be made by cash, check (payable to "OACC"), Visa or Mastercard.
Self guided tours of the exhibit are welcome any time during OACC's regularly scheduled business hours.
Tours Currently Available for Request:
- Docent-Led Exhibit Tour & Hands-on Activity (ages 8 to adult)
- Intro to Oakland Chinatown History Powerpoint Presentation (ages 12 to adult)
- Story time & Hands-on Cultural Arts & Crafts Activity (Preschool age to age 8)
- Chinese Music Demonstration (all ages)
- Chinese Martial Arts Demonstration & Hands-On Workshop (all ages)
- Other tours may be available by request and availability (i.e. Oakland Chinatown Walk Tours, other Music, Dance or Martial Arts demos/workshops)
The OACC School Tours Program is supported in part by the generous donations of the following organizations: Safeway Foundation, Clorox Company Foundation, Thomas J. Long Foundation, Wa Sung Community Service Club, and Clif Bar.